On 08/06 10:58 , Yaron wrote:
> Anyone have any comments on dual head, or video cards under Linux in
> general?

yes, but they aren't helpful. ;)
<flamebait>
multihead rocks. nVidia sucks. binary drivers suck. nVidia OGL support
rocks; but only if you're willing to live with the way they cripple X,
break Xinerama-aware apps, and make upgrades a PITA.
</flamebait>

get an ATI. the one I have here at work doesn't work quite as well as my
Matrox cards did (I've seen some driver bugs); but it works reasonably well,
and last I heard, there was some sort of Open multihead-DRI support for ATI
cards, using something called 'mergedfb'. I never bothered trying anything
with it tho.

--
Carl Soderstrom
Systems Administrator