Jeffery Rasmussen wrote:

>I couldn't figure out from your post what Linux driver you need to install
>into the kernel.  We need to know what wireless chipset is being used
>(example: prism, orthinco)

I think the chipset is Realtek 8180L.  Google search for RTL8180L
brought me to the "ndiswrapper" driver.  It seems that the 8180L is used
in some other wireless cards, including Linksys WPC-11v4 and Netgear MA521.

Andy Zbikowski (Zibby) wrote:

>Be aware that if you do use the ndiswrapper setup, your card will not
>necissarily operate to it's full capicity. ndis drivers are intended to be
>used as network boot drivers...they have enough to get a functional
>network so that you can do things like automatic network installs.
>
>If ndiswrapper is your only choice...well it's your only choice because
>the card maker hasn't released specs so a native open source driver can be
>made.
>
>Personally, I'd avoid any card that doesn't have native drivers if at all
>possible. There are supported 54g wireless cards if that's what you're
>after, you just have to be picky when buying hardware.

I'm using this Trendnet card just because I happened to have it.  Bought
it, cheap, for a Win XP machine, then turned out I didn't need it.
There may be other drivers that I haven't found, yet.  Just ran across
the ndiswrapper thing first.  Trying to follow instructions I found at
http://www.mung.net/~dude/howto/Wireless-Link-sys-WPC11.html -- but
they're a bit confusing.

Thanks for the help.