    Karl> So your calling Python and TK complete crap?
    David> Did you see those screenshots?  It looks horrible.  Maybe it
    David> looks better on X11, but I doubt that.

    Chad> I concur.  TK is an awful wiget library.  It's functional but not
    Chad> "pretty".

True.  But Tk is eminently scriptable.  wxWindows is OK, but only if
you like python.  GTk, I dunno.  Don't have any experience with
perlGTk, or even know how mature it is.

BTW, is Tk really necessarily ugly?  Or do you just have to do some
clever X resource editing to make it look good?  I recall having
someone bellyache about a graphics toolkit I used once, but when I
looked, all I had to do was tweak some settings so that I got good
fonts instead of ugly ones, anc I got roundtangles instead of ugly,
pointy rectangular shapes...  I think the Tk default fonts tend to be
*extremely* ugly.

If you're willing to use C++ then you have a wider range of options,
but it sounds like overkill in response to the original question
(which offered VB as a point of comparison).