B_o_B wrote:

>Monday, April 26, 2004   @   8:11:15 AM Central Standard Time
>
>SM> Web site (server X) X needs to have a link to web site (server Y) Y. But
>SM> web site Y can only be accessed from web site X.
>
>Thanks to all that responded.
>
>The page I am looking for limited access too will be on the same
>server, so every thing is on "Server X".  I am concerned
>mainly with Javascript source files... (*.js)
>
>As a html file links to a JS file... I wanted it so that the JS
>file could not be accessed except by the html that uses it.

What is the point in doing this, the client will be getting the js files
in any case , through html file or not, it will in any case end up on
client where they could look at it with any variant of methods, just by
viewing the source, or even going to expremes as to fire up some memory
reading debugger and looking at directly in the RAM. Or you do not want
for somebody to link agains your code? I doubt that anyone would do
that, it`ll be much easier for them to steal it and place it on their
own server.