Good point, Nate!

FWIW:   The Burnsville Apple Valley area is stuck with Charter for cable or Frontier for DSL.  Both block port 25, and neither
provides a means for me to do smtpauth with Earthlink.  Each has some agreements with other ISPs (Visi, AOL) so some unbundled "wire
services" are available, but neither has a deal with Earthlink, for example.  Various workarounds may be possible, but without help
or support.  Bottom line is that service here is limited and quirky.  This also means that WiFi hotspots (eg, some Surfthing sites)
are also blocked.

Chuck