On Sunday 18 April 2004 07:06 pm, Ian Stoner wrote:
> I recently got a copy of the game Mindrover.  I'm running Debian Sarge,
> kernel 2.4.25 and version 5336 of Nvidia's binary drivers.  When I try
> to start Mindrover, the game immediately aborts, and I get the following
> output:
>
> istoner at goodmanbrown:~$ mindrover
> Setting log-message filter to 'e'
> MindRover Version 1.07
> GLDisplayManager::setupRenderer(): Unable to load GL library
>
> After some googling and guessing, I figured out that I can successfully
> start the game with this command:
>
> istoner at goodmanbrown:~$ LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/tls/libGL.so.1 mindrover
>
> I have only a vague idea of what this is doing and why it works.
>
> Questions:  Does this problem indicate I have something improperly
> configured, GL-wise?  Or is the problem more likely with the game?
> Either way, is there some change I can make to my system to save myself
> the trouble of setting LD_PRELOAD every time I launch the program?
>
> Thanks,
> Ian

	I think its because the game is trying to find the library in another folder.
I have my libGL library in /usr/lib instead of /usr/lib/tls and thats
probably why it was giving you a hard time. But, I use slackware. So its
probably a bit different.

	I believe its more to do with the game then with your GL, or a bit of both. I
dont really know how to fix it from using the LD_PRELOAD command unless you
dump the library files in /usr/lib.... But that might be potentially
dangerous if anything else is linked to the tls directory.

Hope that helped some,
Todd