I recently got a copy of the game Mindrover.  I'm running Debian Sarge,
kernel 2.4.25 and version 5336 of Nvidia's binary drivers.  When I try
to start Mindrover, the game immediately aborts, and I get the following
output:

istoner at goodmanbrown:~$ mindrover
Setting log-message filter to 'e'
MindRover Version 1.07
GLDisplayManager::setupRenderer(): Unable to load GL library

After some googling and guessing, I figured out that I can successfully
start the game with this command:

istoner at goodmanbrown:~$ LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/tls/libGL.so.1 mindrover

I have only a vague idea of what this is doing and why it works.

Questions:  Does this problem indicate I have something improperly
configured, GL-wise?  Or is the problem more likely with the game?
Either way, is there some change I can make to my system to save myself
the trouble of setting LD_PRELOAD every time I launch the program?

Thanks,
Ian

--
Ian Stoner