On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 08:47:42 -0500
nate at refried.org wrote:

> For drive sizes I `cat /proc/partitions`.  This will tell you how
> big the drive is (hda) and how large each partition is (hda1, hda2,
> etc).
>
> If you're looking for disk geometry like cylinders, tracks and
> sectors, I use `fdisk -l /dev/hd?`.
>
> For file system usage I use df like everyone else. ;)

Ahh, good information here, I wasn't aware of catting
/proc/partitions.

Out of curiosity, I'm surprised to see that 'disklabel' isn't around.
:(  To me, that's one of the better disk info tools developed.

 I was going to say something about all the "df" responses as
well....   ;)

--
Shawn

  Ne Obliviscaris --  "Forget Not"

  That which hits the fan will not be evenly distributed...