On Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 08:19:33AM -0500, Raymond Norton wrote:
> what command do I use to see the size of my a hard drive and how much space
> is left on it. With my searches I only find hdparm and how to add a second
> drive.

<pedantic>
Do you mean the whole drive, a certain partition, or the file system on
a partition?
</pedantic>

For drive sizes I `cat /proc/partitions`.  This will tell you how big
the drive is (hda) and how large each partition is (hda1, hda2, etc).

If you're looking for disk geometry like cylinders, tracks and sectors,
I use `fdisk -l /dev/hd?`.

For file system usage I use df like everyone else. ;)

Nate