I'm trying to do a data recovery from a couple of SCSI HDD's for a
friend of mine.  His old computer fried on him (running XP), and his
new computer doesn't have SCSI capabilities.

What I'm attempting to do is mount up both drives in my computer so I
can yank the data and send it to him via CD.

However, the disks are not allowing me to mount them.  I'm not sure if
these disks were created with NTFS or not, not if they were in a raid
configuration.  When I try to mount up one of the drives, I get the
following message:

"/dev/sda1 is not a valid block device"

I've tried this on numbers one thru 15 with no luck.  My SCSI card
works, as I use it to control my tape drive.  Could it be that these
are 68-pin and I'm using a 50-68 pin adapter?  Or, is it something
else?  One of the drives has no jumpers connected, and the other has
the two on the far right vertically jumped.

Any ideas?

--
Shawn

  Ne Obliviscaris --  "Forget Not"

  That which hits the fan will not be evenly distributed...