On Fri, 02 Apr 2004, Steve Robrahn wrote:

> I am using mod_proxy (for some reason, it is called libproxy in my
> modules list).

Yea, libproxy.so, but when you check for it you use:

<IfModule mod_proxy.c>
  ProxyPass /exchange http://exchange.mydomain.com/exchange
  ProxyPassReverse /exchange http://exchange.mydomain.com/exchange
</IfModule>

That's all I'm using. We are running Exchange 5.5. The IIS does not
have any other authentication.

Are you serving out HTML pages on this system in addition to email? Is
that why you have basic authentication turned on? It might be that the
apache is getting confused with the 2 different authentications.

I'd setup a test box with basic authentication turned off and see if
that works.