From: tclug-list-bounces at mn-linux.org
[mailto:tclug-list-bounces at mn-linux.org] On Behalf Of Randy Clarksean
Sent: Friday, April 02, 2004 9:32 AM
To: tclug
Subject: [TCLUG] OT: Removing Novell from system

I am working with a customer on upgrading a few PCs.  One of the systems
has Novell on it still (Win98 SE).  They are not using Novell, but it is
still there ... they are using Microsoft networking with a Win2000
Server.

My question ... how do I remove / uninstall Novell from the system.  I
have looked in Win.ini, System.ini, Config.sys, autoexec.bat,
startup.ini and I can not find a thing that gives me a clue how Novell
gets started.  I have NOT worked with Novell before .. so maybe this is
a simple task .. but ... I did not stumble onto it right away.

I have looked for "uninstall" icons - none, looked in the add/remove
programs - nothing.  I changed the name of the Novell directory and it
crashed while booting because it could not find the files needed ... so
I need a clean way to find whatever starts Novell ... before I go and
delete the files.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions ... I thought someone out there
that does a lot of networking my have some Novell experience.

Randy