On Mon, Sep 29, 2003 at 08:48:56PM -0500, David Phillips wrote:
> You might like maildrop.  It's syntax is much less esoteric.

If there is one thing that I would like to recognize DJB's contributions
of mindshare to Internet community was the development of the Maildir
format.  He combined the useful and flexible MH format -- one file per
email -- and removed file locking issues by giving every email a unique
name[1].  I plan on implementing Maildir/ delivery with our new email
server (if ever I get that far).

That being said, I LOVE my nmh[2] email client for quickly scanning my
mailbox w/o having to drop into some eye-candy MUA.  nmh works best with
the MH mail format, and doesn't understand Maildir at all.  It's email
management symantecs rely heavily upon the filesystem.  Additionally,
nmh isn't nearly as easy to use as mutt[3].

So, I have a love-hate relationship with all email management. ;-)