>With sendmail, you must 'enable' the virtusertable when building yur
>sendmail.cf file, and you must run 'makemap hash virtusertable <
>virtusertable' after editing the virtusertable. If you're using a
>default .cf file, likely the latter is all you need. Not sure what you
>mean by "ran the make" on it..
>
>-mj

Hmmm... I still must be screwing something up.  I've verified that the
FEATURE line is in sendmail.mc to enable the user of virtual user tables

FEATURE(`virtusertable', `hash  -o  /etc/mail/virtusertable.db')dnl

I rebuilt sendmail.cf just in case using the line:
m4 /etc/mail/sendmail.mc > /etc/mail/sendmail.cf  Then I restarted sendmail.

My virtual user files has five users in it, format of:
fred at bozo.com      fred
barney at bozo.com  barney
wilma at bozo.com   wilma
betty at bozo.com     betty
@bozo.com              dino

The virtusertable was rebuilt (before restarting sendmail) with the line:
makemap   hash   /etc/mail/virtusertable  <  /etc/mail/virtusertable

I then went to a yahoo account and sent email to fred at bozo.com, and
(back at bozo) ran:
fetchmail

The mail was, once again, picked up and deposited in the bozo.com root's
email account rather than fred's.  Now, fred can send the email to the
yahoo account without any trouble, and it's masquerading just fine as
"fred at bozo.com" when it comes through to yahoo...

I don't understand what I'm missing.  If anyone has anymore ideas, I'll
gladly take 'em :)  Thanks!

Garrett