And hence AUTHOR wrote: gkrueger
> So, having not played with this feature a whole lot, I figure I must
> be  missing something.  Is the virtusertable supposed to somehow help
> redistribute global mail to appropriate local users without the aid of
>  procmail?  At the moment, it doesn't for me.  I built a virtusertable
>  (as described below), ran the "make" on it to build the .db, and
> disabled the .procmailrc file, and restarted sendmail.  Then I ran
> fetchmail, and it dumped all mail, regardless of appropriate local
> user,
>  into the root email account -- no distribution -- very ugly.
>
> What piece(s) am I missing?  (I ran a simple "fetchmail" -- no quotes)
>
>  Thanks!

With sendmail, you must 'enable' the virtusertable when building yur
sendmail.cf file, and you must run 'makemap hash virtusertable <
virtusertable' after editing the virtusertable. If you're using a
default .cf file, likely the latter is all you need. Not sure what you
mean by "ran the make" on it..

-mj