On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 13:33:35 -0500
Sam MacDonald <smac at visi.com> wrote:

> What processor do you have in the machine, it just occurred to me that
>
> some of the new processors do some sort of forking, or piping, or
> something that can make them appear as 2 processors, I can't remember
> what it's called.  Had this happen on a W2K machine, I had to open the
>
> case to be sure the machine only had 1 processor, thought I built the
> wrong machine for a moment.

It's a P4 2.53 GHz processor on an MSI mobo.  Hyperthreading is what you're probably thinking.  My understanding was that Windows did not support it until XP.  However, I do not think this is the issue.  One of the people I work with has almost the exact system, and he's able to run linux on it.  About the only difference is the mobo.

Chris, it does have ACPI but it's never been an issue previously.  Will also include that in diagnostics.

--
Shawn

  The difficult we do today; the impossible take a little longer.

  Ne Obliviscaris --  "Forget Not"