So, where did I go wrong, that you would
wish this on me? Is my demand for good
service from servers too callous and cruel?
I actually do have demands placed on me
at work, and I do my very best to fulfill them.
Otherwise the scenario you laid out may
indeed unfold...

I am certainly not opposed to helping
someone in need. I have in the past and
I will in the future. But I'd call that charity,
not tipping.

I am wondering what the focus of all this
animosity is aimed at. Is it people who
don't understand the custom of tipping?
Is it people who question the sanctity
of the tipping custom? What is the
source of the problem here?

BTW, I am usually a generous tipper,
because I usually get better service
(which may be because I just don't
And I think that's how it's supposed to
work. Am I wrong here?

>>> smac at visi.com 09/24/03 12:27PM >>>
Lets see, your boss (your customer) comes to your desk and says "we're
only paying you minimum wage for this week because you did a horse sh!t
job this week"  What do you do, if you argue, your out the door?
This goes on for a month then 2 then 6, your creditors are at the door
what do you do?