One: Cheapskates suck!
Two: I don't understand the custom
 of tipping.

Enough already!

For those who don't know, the custom
of tipping puts the customer in the drivers
seat. _They_ decide if the service they
get is deserving of a tip, and they decide
_after_ the service is done. Excellent
service can be rewarded, and poor service
discouraged. If the customer wishes to
discourage excellent service, or reward
poor service, that is _their_ call.

A 15% tip is the standard for good service
in the food service industry. It is customary
for a customer to pay this gratuity for
good service. There are places that do not
give the customer this opportunity to
punish or reward their server based on the
servers performance. Some places only
give this opportunity to smaller parties.

None of this is great news for servers, but
they _can_ try to get another job if they
don't like it, as could anyone. I might feel
sorry for the high school dropout single
mother, but it would be counterproductive
to encourage her to provide poor service.

>>> matthew at redroot.org 09/24/03 09:23AM >>>
You are so brave on the tc-lug mail list. I want you to go to that single

mother waiting tables that didn't finish high school. From the top of
your
great horse explain these same ideas to them. Tell them if they don't
like it they should leave. Just don't lean too far or you may fall.