Thomas Eibner wrote:

> Why on earth would he have to get a job waiting tables? It's not going to
> change his nor my perception of servers. To ME they are there to SERVE ME,
> I go there to be SERVED! If you can't bother asking me if my meal is as
> I expected, check if I need a refill then you should not expect ANY tip at
> all. You are there to serve me, and I pay you for that service.

This reminds me of a recent "This American Life" documentary (Ira Glass,
NPR) about mean people, or more specifically, mean girls. One of the
"case studies" (not very official as it involved 2 waitresses) was to
determine if female servers got better tips if they were extremely
attentive and efficient or if they recieved better tips when they
ignored or were mean to the customer. The results seemed to favor the
later. I, at least, thought this interesting enough to share :)

LB