And hence AUTHOR wrote: Matthew C. Dettinger
> Servers have for many, many years worked for minimum wage + tip. Society
>  as a whole has generally accepted the notion that when you dine at a
> service establishment you pay the house for the food, and tip the server
>  for their attention to your needs, ie. service. If an individual wants

That's a bunch of hoo-haa. "Society?"

> Like I said... society has generally accepted this concept, but as
> always there is the fringe with a wild ideology that tries to explain
> their cheapness away by saying, "I don't get it."

Wild idealogy?  Read my post again. No wonder the best you can do is an
untipped waiter.

> It is not too big a deal if someone does not leave a tip. Just realize
> that the establishment, your friends, and anyone else who sees this
> thinks  of you as being cheap, and nothing more. Regardless of your
> perception of  the event.

Finally, I never said I DIDN'T TIP. I said I don't understand the whole
concept.
Why in this and this industry only is it 'expected' the poor working stiff
that feels extravagant on payday assist your employer in paying your
salary? He's already been hit hard by uncle sam, for one thing....

If you don't like it, get another job. Perhaps be a checkout clerk
somewhere. I think the salary runs about the same. Let me know how the
tips are there and what happens when you call the customers derogatory
names.

-mj

> mcd

Jentges.NET, Inc.