If you run up a $19.00 tab you should slap down about $3.00, not a buck.
The staff at most beer joints and restaurants make minimum wage or
less.  I tended bar for many years and never made more then $6.00 an hour,
Wait staff make even less, tip your wait staff very well.

I wasn't at the last beer meeting, but I was at the one at the sports
bar. I payed for my own beer and had another beer meeting after that
where I bought my own meal and beer. I would suggest separate tabs and
make sure it is understood that tabs are separate.  As a group expands
change happens, having separate tabs is a change that should happen.

I get upset when these things happen.  If you have a thought that maybe
you didn't pay for what you consumed at the beer meeting. You may want
to contact people and say your sorry, then pay up.

Sam.