> establishment to relax, or whatever. Why is it basically mandatory I help
> pay the staff's salary? I'm already patronizing the establishment,
> purchasing goods they are selling to me at a profit. If the staff is that
> underpaid, why am I obligated to compensate? All the different jobs I've
> had, from the lowest, peanut paying positions to the best, no passers by,
> bosses, or anyone else has tossed 15% of my wage on the table as they
> passed thru.

Have you ever worked as a waiter/ess? In a large corporate chain? Are
you 20 or under? Do you realise these people are unappreciated slaves?
That you get treated like shit because you're not 30+? The faceless
corporation they work for sees them as a liability, not an asset, let
alone a human being? Its bad enough being treated like trash by your
managers and supervisors, you don't need it from the customers too.

> I guess I just don't get whats up with that whole thing. If you're
> underpaid and want a raise, you talk to your BOSS, you don't call the
> customers 'cheapo's'.

Especially in corporate chains like Dennys, Perkins, etc, you DO NOT get
raises. You just get fired and replaced. Its cheaper to just hire
someone new at base pay than keep people on and give them raises.
There's plenty of others desperate enough to take it.

Non-nationwide corporate chains are getting very rare indeed.

> In NO other business would this be acceptable, ever.

We live in a world of corporations being given preferential treatment as
if an individual, corruption, greed, and cost cutting. God Bless
America.