when last we saw our hero (Tuesday, Sep 23, 2003),
 Chuck Cole was madly tapping out:
> Good info.  Anybody know what it may take to get Frontier (much of
> Dakota County) to allow alternate DSL vendors on their lines like
> Qwest does?  All they will offer now is bundled DSL and ISP (plus
> phone promos) and it's expensive.  The Sprint PCS (cell) 3G option
> is as fast outgoing (about 140kb/sec) and MUCH cheaper and more
> portable than any WiFi.

frontier does allow 3rd party isps to access their dsl infrastructure.
i know visi[1] provides service within the frontier footprint.  i
believe you will have to frontier pay for the dsl line and visi for
the ip service on top of it.

{ snipped - misc previous correspondence }

references
[1] http://www.visi.com

steve ulrich                       sulrich at botwerks.org
PGP: 8D0B 0EE9 E700 A6CF ABA7  AE5F 4FD4 07C9 133B FAFC