From: STEVEWABC at netscape.net [mailto:STEVEWABC at netscape.net]
Sent: Saturday, September 20, 2003 10:03 AM
To: tclug-list at mn-linux.org
Subject: [TCLUG] Problems installing on my new laptop Help.....

Hello everyone

I miss the beer meatings and looking foward to coming back home soon...

I just pick up a new Compaq Presario 2175US and I'm having problems with the
Video Card or I think thats my problem any way. I can load Debian no problem
but just cant get a GUI at this time... X does'nt like me. hehehe

 Here is my System Info Please help...

processor      Mobile AMD™ Athlon™ XP-M Processor 2400+

memory    512MB DDR SDRAM (2 x 256MB) at 266MHz; Maximum Memory 1024MB DDR
SDRAM (2 x 512MB)

hard drive    40GB enhanced-IDE [gigabyte is defined as 1,000,000,000 bytes,
accessible capacity may vary]

multimedia drive    DVD+CD-RW Combo (CD-read 24x; CD-write 8x; CD-rewrite
8x; DVD-read 8x)

display    15.0" XGA TFT (1024 x 768)

communications    Integrated 10/100Base-T Ethernet LAN (RJ-45
connector),Integrated 54g wireless LAN

video    ATI MOBILITY™ RADEON™ (M6) 4X AGP and 3D architecture

sound    Internal speakers Volume control button and mute button

Thanks again for your input.....

I was told to get this driver but I'm not able to download it and dont no
how to install it using wget from the comand line.(Dammm GUI people what can
I say) ...

ATI Proprietary Linux Driver 3.2.5 Download
http://www2.ati.com/drivers/firegl/fglrx-glc22-4.3.0-3.2.5.i586.rpm
Use wget to download the file and alien to convert it into a .deb

today!