I'm pounding this laptop in to the ground using my fingers :o)

I have a printer on my home network,
    one is connected to W2K server and shared as "Deskjet"

I can print from my Redhat box, I'm running Samba on that machine.
    so I know Linux can print using that printer.
My Debian laptop does not have Samba installed, I'm not sure I want to
install it as it takes almost 12 megabytes of disk space.
"df" says
filesystem   1k-blocks   Used    Available   Use%   Mounted on
/dev/hda1   170274      86777    74706      54%      /

I would need a printcap local  that looks like this to print to a remote
printer.

# REMOTE djet695
        :lp=:\**
        :rm="machine":\
        :rp="printer":\
	:sd=/var/spool/lpd/remote:\
        :mx#0:\
	:sh:

I get "lpr: cannot open remote"
	the remote hosts.allow has the machine name in it.
	the remote hosts has the ip and name in it.
I must be missing something...

do I need an entry to "ssh"?

Sam.