Hey ho,

Built and installed the lastest Mplayer & Xine releases on the laptop. Randomly, when trying to play a file, the display (window, or fullscreen) is a uniform light green color with some streaking/smearing, but no moving video at all. Sound is running, and CPU load looks correct for playing - that is, high.

I can't reprodce the problem on demand, it just happens sometimes. I've worked around it by retarting X, and at times, a reboot (!) Once it was cleared by just switching to fullscreen. I get this issue using any output device - sdl, x11, xv, etc. It's almost as if the player is looking at the wrong block of video memory - but that's a guess.

X Spec:

XFree86 Version 4.3.0
Release Date: 27 February 2003
X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0, Release 6.6
Build Operating System: Linux 2.4.20 i686 [ELF]
Build Date: 01 March 2003
        Before reporting problems, check http://www.XFree86.Org/
Module Loader present

Video Spec:

Trident Cyberblade i7, AGP, with 8MB of shared RAM.

Mplayer spec:

MPlayer 1.0pre1-3.2.2 (C) 2000-2003 MPlayer Team

Xine spec:

This is xine (X11 gui) - a free video player v0.9.22.
(c) 2000-2003 The xine Team.

Any ideas??