From: "Shawn" <sfertch at real-time.com>
To: "TCLUG" <tclug-list at mn-linux.org>
Sent: Friday, September 19, 2003 8:51 PM
Subject: [TCLUG] Linux won't load....

>   Alright, I'm out of ideas.  I cannot get Linux to load on my desktop!
I'm sick of Windows, and want my Linux desktop back!!!!
>   I've tried RH9, Slack9, Mandrake 9.2.  All to no avail.  I can get it
installed with no errors, warnings or messages.  Reboot, lilo comes up.
Select Linux, and it starts to load, then chokes almost right after the
blank, HDD spins a little and then nothing.  I have to do a hard reset or
power it off to reboot.  At first I tried dual booting, Windows would come
up okay.  Then I tried only Slack, and it chokes the same.

>   Heres the system:
>
> MSI 845PE Max Mainboard
> P4 2.53 GHz
> 1 Gig DDR Ram (don't recall speed)
> 40 Gig Maxtor EIDE HDD (did also at one point have an 80GB WD w/ 8MB
cache)
> GeForce 4 ti4200 (dual output card)
> SB Live 5.1 sound card
> Linksys 10/100 NIC
>
> Any ideas?  I'm drawing a blank on what else to do.  I'm going thru
withdrawals, without my fvwm2 and Slack fix I'm being dummified with
Windows...