  From: jerry.sommerdorf at gwslinux.com
  To: tclug-list at mn-linux.org
  Sent: Friday, September 19, 2003 6:30 PM
  Subject: Re: [TCLUG] RHCE certification

  My only fear is that I will pay big bucks for the classes to get my certification and have no place to use it.
  Is there a market for RHCE certified people??

  Thanks,
  Jerry Sommerdorf

        Justin Kremer <kremer at ringworld.org>
        Sent by: tclug-list-admin at mn-linux.org
        09/19/2003 06:16 PM Please respond to
              tclug-list at mn-linux.org

       To tclug-list at mn-linux.org
              cc
              Subject Re: [TCLUG] RHCE certification

  Well, it all depends on what your plans are.  If you're looking for a
  job that is directly related to linux, the RHCE would be a good
  certification to show them that you know your stuff.  Especially if
  during an interview you explain to them that it is a hands on test of
  real world knowledge, not just a test of whether or not you read the
  book.
  That said, I just took the RHCE test and failed it miserably.  (I
  passed the RHCT without much trouble on the first try) If you do go for
  the RHCE, I would recommend taking the class, asking questions in the
  class on ANYTHING you don't understand, being VERY familiar with the
  current release of Redhat (not Debian, not Slackware, Redhat) and
  getting a good nights sleep the night before!

  --
  Justin Kremer
  <kremer at ringworld.org>