On Wed, Sep 17, 2003 at 11:53:53AM -0500, Tom Penney wrote:
> We have a a deer problem here. they eat everything. Don't get me wrong
> I love seeing them in the yard but our hosta and tulips get eaten down
> to the ground unless we do something. You know what works? pee on
> them, honestly. Of course you can't pee on your vegies but it will
> keep them away from your flowers. there is also deer repent you can
> buy, it smells like pee.

I hear that a blended mix of habaneros, dish soap, and water (and egg
whites) in a handly little spray bottle works wonders at repelling
squirrels, deer, and racoons from fruits and veggies and trees --
anything you can spray it on.  It's worth a try.

I googled for "habanero repellant recipe" and found this promising
little link:

  http://ourgardengang.tripod.com/Critter_Problems.htm

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie at wookimus.net>           http://www.wookimus.net/