On Fri, Sep 12, 2003 at 11:48:06AM -0500, Justin Kremer wrote:
> Mandrake's page [snip] mentions that in the downloaded versions of
> Mandrake the standard screen savers will be replaced with
> advertisements.  Personally, I think that's just wrong.

Since you qualified that with "personally", I won't fault you.
Personally, I think it's smart business, if not a little annoying.
Don't be surprised if Red Hat does something similar.

I'm guessing that in true packaging fashion, the ads will most likely be
a separate package that can be removed with a quick command to rpm.  If
not, and if I were a Mandrake customer, I'd demand it of them.

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie at wookimus.net>           http://www.wookimus.net/