Well the way I look at it, every business needs to make money somehow or go out of business. If not enough people purchase their product, what other choice do they have? I personally zone out half of the installs I do anyway so I don't see this as a problem. Anyway it is only in the install so you would only have to see the ads once.....unless like me you need to do reinstalls 2-3 times a month...

Dan Lansing

-----Original Message-----
From: Joel Dick [mailto:joel_cd at yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, September 12, 2003 11:16 AM
To: tclug-list at mn-linux.org
Subject: Re: [TCLUG] Mandrake ad selling

Suddenly, installing the new version of Mandrake is less and less appealling. Gotta give em credit though, they seem to have found a way to make some money. Hopefully it'll be at least tasteful ads... Wait.. isn't that an oxymoron?

http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/09/12/1315224&mode=thread&tid=126&tid=147&tid=163&tid=187&tid=98&tid=99