On Fri, 12 Sep 2003, Matthew S. Hallacy wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 11, 2003 at 07:57:13PM -0500, David Phillips wrote:
> > Debian does take a while to setup.  But you only need to do it once.  You
> > can keep the same install for years and always have an up to date system.
> > Debian is by far the easiest Linux distro to maintain.  I don't know of any
> > other OS that is easier.
>
> Based on what? apt has been ported to RPM based systems, which makes redhat
> just as easy to keep up-to-date, and upgrading between releases is the same
> (apt-get dist-upgrade)

I beg to differ. Yes, apt-get has been ported to RH, but it is more of
a hack on top of RPM than a true apt-based system. I have had major
problems trying to upgrade full systems on RH using apt-get, but have
yet to experience problems with Debian. It seems that Debian just does
a better job with dependencies time and time again.

I'd like to hear of other's experiences with apt-get on RH vs Debian.
Is it just me? Maybe I'm just biased towards Debian.