Ry4an Brase wrote:
> If the message is short enough that it doesn't need squeezing it would
> be unmodified by that script, could that be it?  Perhaps there are some
> setting that need twiddling in the ~/.email2smsrc file?  I've attached
> mine.  If that doesn't do it then enable the log file in the
> ~/.email2smsrc and check ~/.email2sms.log after the run to see if there
> are any messages.

I have definitely sent messages that are too long so that's not the
issue.  I went to check the log file and it's not being generated so I'm
starting to wonder if email2sms is ever being invoked (I have the
logfile turned on in my .email2smsrc).  I've simplified my procmail
script about as much as possible (to eliminate other potential hickups),
it now looks like the following...

# check to see if file is over 250k
:0fw: spamassassin.lock
* < 256000
| spamassassin

# Mails with a spam score of 4 or more are dumped
:0:
/dev/null

# Other email is accepted and sent to me
:0 E
{
        :0c
        ! myuserid at myserver.com

        :0fw:
        | /path/to/email2sms

        :0
        ! myphonenumber at mobile.att.net
}

...Does anyone see a reason why this might fail?  I'm really starting to
think that email2sms is never run (judging by the lack of a logfile), is
there some reason that procmail would skip that action?  Both the action
immediately before and after it work fine (I receive mail at both my POP
box and cell phone) so I'm at a loss as to why it would skip the recipe
in the middle.

Thanks again,
Ben.

PS I just had another idea.  Maybe email2sms is not looking in the
correct location for the rc file, when I run the program from command
line it works great but at that point the program would run "as me" so
it would grab the rc file from my home directory.  Sendmail may be
running as root (or some other userid) and thus it (and procmail,
spamassassin, and email2sms) may not be looking in my home dir for
.email2smsrc.  Is there a switch I can use with email2sms to pass it an
rc file?  Is there some other way to insure that it gets the rc file
correctly?  Thanks again.