A few pointers on moving between *nx and MS-Windows

1) Aways fdisk the Master Boot Record
    from a win9x boot disk:
        fdisk /mbr
2) When installing MS-Windows on a disk that has had *nx on it, always wipe
the disk and format the disk using fat32 - I have found that if w2k and
above can't see the partitions or recognize the File System it will complain
badly.
    again from a win9x boot disk:
        use fdisk to delete all of the partitions on the disk and then
reboot
        fdisk again (remember to use large disk mode) and create 1
partition, make it active, and then reboot
        then format the disk
            format C:
* This may seem redundant but its been proven to the most successful very
time.

If your system still doesn't boot from the CD then you will need to boot it
from an XP bootdisk. You can also start the install from the win9x bootdisk.
    CD_DRIVE_LETTER: i.e. >> D:
    cd i386
    winnt.exe