Johnny Fulcrum wrote:
> Well, I'll chime in here.  This spring I contacted
> www.worldcomputerexchange.org and asked if they needed any help with their
> organization.  They say yes - please start a Minneapolis office.
> Uff-dah... So, I'm the World Computer Exchange (WCE) Minneapolis
> coordinator.  So far I've been passively collecting donations - Pentium or
> better, Newer Macs, printers, fax, network equiptment, Montiors that can
> run 110 or 220.  I have a few folks at work who help out from time to time
> - I hope to grow the voluneteer list a bit more....
>
> We also need space!  At this point anything other than my porch!  Ideal
> space would have electricity, netowrk (!), and would be fork lift
> accessible so that computers ould be palletized and picked up by a
> shipping company.

<opinion>

I just looked at the worldcomputerexchange website.  It doesn't look
like they repurpose computers here in the United States.  With so many
jobs going overseas these days, wouldn't it make sense to try to help
out the underprivileged youth here in this country first, before
shipping equipment outside the US?  I have nothing against helping folks
elsewhere in the world, but I think we should start here at home first.

</opinion>

Does anyone know of any local organizations taking donations to help
American youth?

--
scot