On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 10:44:59 -0500, Rick Meyerhoff <rick at eworld3.net>
wrote:

> Johnny Fulcrum wrote:
>> jmeier at worldcomputerexchange.org
>> or goto www.worldcomputerexchane.org for other office locations.
>
> one 'g' short:
> http://www.worldcomputerexchange.org/
>>
>> Some of the computers I get are not wiped, some are - the ones that are
>> - usually ship blank, buuuttttt - there's nothing stopping me from
>> putting LINUX on them...  I've put Lycoris on a few - but would like to
> Hmmm, they don't mention Linux on their web site, maybe you can get them
> to change that. :-)

They used to have a link up front for partnership with mandrake...  hummm
wonder what happened...

there's a link under the "To Partner" tab called "ideas for linux" it goes
to:

http://digitalequalizer.org/linux

Linux and GNU KDE etc stuff comes up in the following link:
  http://www.worldcomputerexchange.org/originals/support_for_local_languages_in_computer_software.htm

wonder what happened with the Mandrake link...  there was a nice little
page on why linux was a good choice for these older machines - and about
opensource in general...  I'll ask where that all went.