On Monday 08 September 2003 05:16 pm, Bob Tanner wrote:
> >       And what better way to do so than say, "Hey, I noticed that your
> > computer is running a horribly insecure operating system that is spamming
> > countless numbers of people with worm-ridden filth. Would you care to
> > hear that there is a better way?"
>
> IMHO, that is not a linux advocate, that's a Microsoft-basher.
>
> I try to convince people to try/switch to linux based on linux's strengths,
> not Microsoft's weaknesses.
	The above was, admittedly, the sugar-free version, and not what I would
*actually* say. I had presumed that the audience here would not need the
usual sugar-coating. And it's no disservice to Linux to point out that the
present operating system is deliberately insecure by design, an easy vector
for a myriad of worms and viruses, not to mention the pluses Linux offers,
right?
	But this is preaching to the choir.
	:Peter