step one, modify sendmail's /etc/aliases as follows...

-----------------begin sample /etc/aliases------------------------

ben_b: "| /path/to/procmail -m /path/to/myprocmail.rc filterben"
filterben: ben_b at myserver.com

---------------end sample /etc/aliases---------------------------

step two, creat myprocmail.rc as follows...

---------------------begin myprocmail.rc-------------------------

# The condition line ensures that only messages smaller than 250 kB
# (250 * 1024 = 256000 bytes) are processed by SpamAssassin. Most spam
# isn't bigger than a few k and working with big messages can bring
# SpamAssassin to its knees.
#
# The lock file ensures that only 1 spamassassin invocation happens
# at 1 time, to keep the load down.
#
:0fw: spamassassin.lock
* < 256000
| spamassassin

# Mails with a score of 5 or higher are dumped to /dev/null
:0
/dev/null

# Other emails are accepted and sent to the alias filteralias
:0
! $1

So, anyone see any glaring holes in my strategy?  Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Ben.