Bruce Broecker
Network Comm Supervisor
The Toro Company

>>> joel_cd at yahoo.com 09/08/03 09:09AM >>>
>Is there any sort of sign up? I know you mentioned that we would most
>likely have to sign in at the security desk, but I'm assuming that's just
>company policy (btw, I'm hoping the security guards are expecting people
>coming for the installfest, nothing like getting the 3rd degree about why
>you're there dragging a computer around).

Yes, the security guards will be expecting us. It will be up to them whether you need to sign in, but it's a one minute process. There's also a sign up on the installfest web page, but I'm only using it as a guage to measure expected numbers.

>Also, just to reiterate, is there anything else I should bring besides my
>box? I'm thinking probably a ethernet and power cable, but will there be
>enough monitors/keyboards/mouses/power strips/hubs and or switches?

Power Strips and patch cords are a good idea. As for monitors, keyboards, and mice, I can't guarantee any of that stuff will be available. As far as I know, standard installfest guidelines suggest you bring your own.

Bruce