On Thu, 2003-09-04 at 17:32, Rick Meyerhoff wrote:
> The only firewall I have tried on Linux is the one that you can control
> from the Mandrake Control Center. It's not well-developed enough yet so

Mandy uses a modified version of shorewall if I remember correctly.  All
the config files are in /etc/shorewall and are well commented.
Otherwise the shorewall site (http://www.shorewall.net) has very good
documentation.  Just be sure you are looking at the docs for the version
you are using.  You can find this out with a quick "shorewall version"
as root.

> I also looked for a HowTo but
> there isn't a firewall or iptables HowTo.

This might be a good start.

http://www.linuxsecurity.com/resource_files/firewalls/IPTables-Tutorial/iptables-tutorial.html

--
The Wandering Dru <dru at druswanderings.net>