On Thu, 4 Sep 2003 11:14:55 -0500
Scot Jenkins <scot+tcluggen at thinkunix.net> wrote:

> Having said that, I believe the Linux solution is probably the "best"
> solution and provides ultimate flexibility and is probably more
> secure, _if_ you set it up properly.  It's also more time consuming.
> If you have a family, I'd suggest plugging in the Linksys and spending
> more time with your family.  Put you head down and go with the flock.
> --

Use a pre-built Linux firewall such as Smoothwall, IP Cop or others.

Simple 30+ MB download, 30 minutes and you're up and running with a true DMZ.

Last month's LJ had a write up of a new firewall system.  I'll see if I can find the article...

Personally, I run IP Cop after I moved away from Smoothwall.

--
Shawn

  The difficult we do today; the impossible take a little longer.

  Ne Obliviscaris --  "Forget Not"