Do you know what IRQ and Memory addresses are being used by each component?
**
What Mother board do you have and is it at the latest bios?
    I've found that an updated bios can fix a lot of problems like this.
However be very careful doing this as it does carry some danger.
Check the mother board manufacturer to see if they have any bios updates.
**
I'm personally a big fan of Tyan mother boards. Tyan builds a solid
mother board.
They are not super fast like some but they are very stable.

Sam.