Hi,

I'm trying to de-ximian a system since Ximian's aquisition
has made free riding the red-carpet impractical.

At any rate, I'm trying to use apt-get on my RedHat system
to update things, and I've had pretty good success as long
as I stay with freshrpms, but the minute I add other
repositories I run into this error:

Unknown signature /var/cache/apt/archives/nmap_2%3a3.00-3%5frh73_i386.rpm:
md5 (GPG) NOT OK (MISSING KEYS: GPG#458A3EC9)

I've been googling for a day now and haven't found a definitive answer as
to how to rectify this.  Lot's of hints, but no procedure to follow - like
get this and put it in this file.

Any help appreciated (no distro-wars please),
Kent

As an interesting note, I took a RedHat 7.0 system through 7.1, 7.2, 7.3,
8.0, and 9.0 yesterday using apt-get as a test.  Things were still pretty
functional after all that, although the transition from 7.3 to 8.0 appears
to have stripped off a lot of media support - copyright issues I'm guessing.
I can see why 8.0 didn't last very long.  9.0 seems pretty nice, and gnome
is decidedly quicker.