Oh, and here would be the instructions:

1) unpack 2.4.20-19.8 sources
2) modify Makefile
3) run "make menuconfig" to choose the proper modules
4) run "make dep clean modules modules_install" to build and install the
modules.
5) verify that the new module was put into /lib/modules/2.4.20-2.2/kernel/fs/
ntfs
6) run "modprobe ntfs"

On Tuesday 28 October 2003 04:33 pm, Perry Hoekstra wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-10-28 at 16:39, Ben Maas wrote:
> > Oops.  Got that switched around backwords.  <slams forehead against desk>
> >
> > OK, then what you could do is modify the Makefile in the 2.4.20-19.8
> > sources. Modify the "EXTRAVERSION" line to:
> >
> > EXTRAVERSION = -2.2
> >
> > Then compile the module.
> >
> > Since both are based on the same base kernel it shouldn't be a problem.
>
> Okay,
>
> Let's walk through this like I am a five year old (which isn't far off
> the mark).  Download the source for 2.4.20-19.8 and compile the ntfs
> source against that, making a change in the Makefile so that it looks
> like a 2.4.20-2.2 module when it comes out the other end.  Correct?
>
> Perry Hoekstra

Ben Maas - Technology Architect
Open Technology Systems, LLC
eMail: bmaas at open-techsys.com