I started with Linux back in March of this year.  Currently I have two
machines, one with Mandrake 9.1, one with Slackware 9.0, and both are
set up, talking to each other and running well.

And now we have Mandrake 9.2 and Slackware 9.1 fresh out.  This is the
first time I need to decide if I should upgrade either or both systems.

I know in the M$ world there is hell (and Redmond) to pay if you push
off upgrading for too long.  I don't know if it's the same in the Linux
world, or if I should just stay with systems that are working well and
doing what I need.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the upgrading issue, either in general
or with Mandrake and/or Slackware in particular?

--
Cheers,

Charlie Obert

 " There is no energy crisis, food crisis or environmental crisis.
There is only a crisis of ignorance."

- R. Buckminster Fuller