Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
> I have bogofilter setup on my email server and it is beginning to learn the
> good mail from the spam.  I am wondering about maintenance of the database.
> Does anybody out there perform regular maintanence on the bogofilter
> database?  If so, what do you do, age out old data?  How many days?

You shouldn't do any maintenance on it at all other than the training
and corrections made by re-running the misclassified ones back
through(or performance tweaks if you really want to get down and dirty).
  There really isn't such a thing as "old data" with a spam filter
database.  The more data you have, the better your filter will be.

You can look at the data using bogoutils if you want to see how things
are set up in the files but there really isn't that much danger of the
database growing exceptionally large.

I've run over 40,000 emails through mine and my databases combined are
less than 16MB.

It's a well documented program and just about everything you need to
make it work well is in the docs.  If it isn't, I think they run a
mailing list too.

--
The Wandering Dru <dru at druswanderings.net>
http://druswanderings.net <--- Things 'n' Such

Get nifty TCLUG merchandise at the TCLUG Store!
http://www.cafeshops.com/tclug