Your statements defined precisely why the shades of gray are so wide.
 You speak of speed limits, but speed limits are black and white in a
world of color.  A comfortable speed for one driver may be excessive for
another.  I may easily be able to drive 75 mph on one road while the
little old lady gets nervous driving beyond 45 mph.

And what of the day the limit changes.  Yesterday the legal limit was 55
mph on road X.  The people pulled over by the cops were told, "we are
just trying to keep you safe."  Today, a new limit went into effect, and
the legal limit is now 70 mph on the same road X.  This now begs the
question, "which one was/is the safe speed?"  Were they lying before; is
it all a farce?

Doing the right thing is not easy because it's all relative to the
perspective, and therein lies the problem.

You quoted the "gray area" of, "I only stole a little money."  If your
pockets are lined, and you have plenty, then the petty theft would
certainly be wrong.  But what of the thief who steals in the name of
survival?  His pockets are empty, he has nothing, and he hasn't eaten in
days.  Now what?  Is it still wrong?  It depends upon who you are: the
thief (right) or the one from whom he stole (wrong).

It would be nice if everything were clear-cut and simple, but then that
would mean we all think the same way.  Life would be dull, and we would
all be clones.

Btw, what's a tan age driver?

GK