On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 11:56:18AM -0500, Ben Bargabus wrote:
> This is off topic but this thread reminds me of all those people with
> the "<insert name here> bans guns on these premises" signs.  Do they
> really think that the robber/murderer/rapist will see that sign and
> decide they better rob/murder/rape elsewhere because their gun isn't
> allowed?

Good point. ;-) However, the establishment is thereby taking
responsibility for protecting its customers.  Consider a government
building.  There are carry-conceal notices and metal detectors galore,
but in such buildings, you can expect to see guards carrying out the
duty that a would-be carrying citizen would otherwise do.

In churches, their environment/atmosphere is one of non-violence and
they would prefer to attempt to use reason or godsmack to convince
intruders to behave themselves.

There's a place and time for everything.  Carrying concealed weapons is
not necessarily applicable for all of them.  I won't be one to carry
concealed given where I live, work, and relax, but I won't begrudge
someone who feels it is necessary under his/her own personal
circumstances.  Hey, at least it's legal to do so now.

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie at wookimus.net>           http://www.wookimus.net/