On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 07:57:22AM -0500, Sam MacDonald wrote:
> I would feel better if people would do what they should, not what they
> want to do.

Who decides "what they should". There was One, and He gave up. "Free
will".

>              Instead of helping people they try to hurt people. These
> are not people displaying any moral or ethical grounds for what they do.
>
> A criminal is a criminal, they are scum and should be dealt with as
> such.   I've worked through to many virus and DOS attacks to consider
> the people that do this kind of thing as any less criminal.
>
> If they want to tell me a security hole exists they can call me.  When
> they attack a system it is a criminal act, end of story. Find them, toss
> them in jail,

Right!

>                and let buba have their ass.

Wrong! Bubba should do only what he should do, not what he wants!

> The problem IS the rootkit, it enables a crime to be committed. Rootkit
> has NO legitimate reason to exist, it exists to cause damage to a

I bet $10 that a chicken has the same opinion about your knife.

> computer system.  Drug dealers do the same thing they enable criminal
> behavior for profit. And NO it's not advertised as a way to check the
> security of your own system.

Indeed... knives were never advertised ad "throat resistence
measurement tool".

Duble standard? Don't do onto others...

Thought is no a crime,
posession of a knife is not a crime,