Just put the card in the computer, boot it up, and then run linuxconf,
netconf, or whatever network config utility you want to use to configure it.

Nothing real special or difficult about adding a network card:)

Hope that helps!

Nick

On Wednesday 22 October 2003 01:16, Sreekumar Kodakara wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Do we need to compile the kernel to have two ethernet ports working in the
> machine or is there something else which one has to do to get two ethernet
> port working? I have a RH 6.2 machine. One ethernet port is present on the
> mother board and is working fine. I have to add one ethernet card to
> the system.
>
> Thanks for the help
>
> Sreekumar

Nick Davis
Associate Systems Administrator
ndavis at iexposure.com
Internet Exposure, Inc.
http://www.iexposure.com

(612)676-1946
Web Development-Web Marketing-ISP Services